Welcome to Night College of Arts & Commerce
Among the illustrious educational Institution of Maharashtra, the Council of Education is one of the leading and ideal institutions from Kolhapur city. The vision of Our Founder President Dr. Padmashri Ratnappa Kumbhar made Council of Education establish a college for the deprived class of students.
The Night College of Arts and Commerce was established in 1971. The students, who cannot pursue higher education due to their employment, self employment were offered an opportunity to continue their education in Night College of Arts and Commerce. Initially, the college started with 38 students and in due course of time, the strength of students increased gradually. Now near about one thousand students are pursuing education in this college.
The college provides educational courses like B.A.,B.COM, M.A.in MARATHI and M.A.in ENGLISH. The Basket Ball team of the college has created a record by winning the university championship continuously for last 13 years. Night College is reaccredited as B Grade with 2.71 Points in Jan 2016.
MISSION: Affording an opportunity for the pursuit of higher education to the deprived and depressed but determined to find a place in the sun.
- To provide educational facilities to students deprived of higher education due to their employment or self-employment, and desirous of taking higher education.
- To provide educational facilities to women who are unable to pursue higher education because of their domestic duties and responsibilities.
- To encourage and give admission to the average and below average students, who fail to secure admission in any other regular college.
- To create awareness in society of “Earn and Learn System.”
OUR SALIENT FEATURES:
- A single Night College from Junior College to Post Graduation in the city
- Experienced and Expert Faculty
- Library, with facility of Book-Bank and rare collection.
- Sports department- Zonal Championship for consecutive seven years.
- Specious and well equipped college building.
- Various facilities for students at Government and College level.
- College location at the heart of the city.
- College Office / Administrative time: From 2.00 pm to 10.00 pm.
- Teaching time: From 5.00 pm to 9.30 pm.
Our most recent achievements over various annual activities are displayed on the right. Displayed below are our various achievements throughout the years.